Thursday, December 13, 2007

Better beer attributed to global warming...

As well as about 600 other things.

You would think this would get old after a while.

To set the record straight, I do think that global climate change is occurring, and I'm not talking about day-to-day variation. However, I do not think it is entirely certain that human activity is its cause, and I certainly do not think the alarmism of Al Gore and his ilk is worth the trouble.

I actually have recently written a paper that addresses this very topic from a libertarian perspective. I hope to publish it in the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics, and I will be presenting it at the Austrian Scholar's Conference next March.

And my reward in class? My professor is now effectively calling me an "interesting contrarian". In my opinion, that's a good thing.