Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Traveling

I am currently in Missouri, writing this post from my wife's parents' house. We will be away from Austin for about two weeks. This is the first real vacation I have had in years, and I am going to soak it for all its worth! Reading, fellowship, sleeping, eating - that's all I plan on doing.

I had a great discussion with my Dad and my father-in-law about government, hopefully my parents don't think I'm quite so crazy anymore, haha. I found out my dad is called "Yoda" at work. What a lucky guy. I just get called "insane".

It's nice to see old friends again. I talked with Eric, Zach, Stuart, and David today at length about music, life, and getting away. What a grand time! I hope David finds what he is looking for, and I especially hope he takes me up on my offer and visits UT.

Tonight, I will be attending the first concert of one of my mother's choirs in four and a half years. How odd, it seems like such a short time ago I was helping set up chairs, singing great music, and playing SWCCG afterwards. How time flies...