Saturday, September 29, 2007

New Testament Theology of the State at LRC

Yesterday, I posted my first article ever on one of the leading libertarian websites in the world, www.lewrockwell.com. But it’s not really a “libertarian” article, rather, the paper is all about theology. It is entitled New Testament Theology of the State. If you have the RSS feed, the title Lew gave to the link is be The State is Not the Kingdom of God (to put it mildly). It has a nice ring to it…

The main point of the article is that one cannot use the famous “Render to Caesar” passages and Romans 13 as legitimate justifications for the actions of government. I’ll let you read on from there and see what you think. :-)

I’m thrilled to finally be counted among the ranks of the writers at LRC, and now that I have my “foot in the door” I hope to contribute more regularly. Many thanks to Lew Rockwell and to my professors at Austin Grad, they have all been excellent teachers.

If you would like a pdf copy of the article, let me know and I will gladly send one to you.