Wednesday, May 23, 2007

See Paul run. Run, Paul, run!

As you may know, I attended the Ron Paul fundraiser dinner at the Texas History museum last Saturday night. It was pretty exciting, and I'll let you in on what happened...


I showed up early at the request of a friend of mine to help out checking people in. Turns out that was a good idea, they needed about one more volunteer to make the check-in as smooth as silk. After working for a pretty good while, I ate some Rudy's barbecue and got a nice, professional pic with the Ron. I also convinced him to sign my copy of his book, A Foreign Policy of Freedom.

I managed to get into a conversation with Mrs. Paul about their granddaughter Laura. It was hilarious, she wanted to introduce me to Laura's sisters and started pulling out pictures to show off from her purse! She was definitely a proud grandmother!

Jimmie Vaughan provided some pretty awesome blues music as the entertainment of the night. It was totally sweet. And of course, Ron Paul gave a fantastic speech, which you can find on Youtube! (Part 1, Part 2)

Here are a few cool pictures from the evening that I took...

Ron Paul...






















Jimmie Vaughan totally wailing on the guitar....

















Here's another pic which almost looks surreal... but no, it's just not that good of a picture...