Monday, May 24, 2004

Greetings from Kansas City

I tried to post last week, but for some reason I could not access blogger!

So anyway, I am officially back to work at Honeywell, working on a bunch of new projects that are very cool. I am already learning new and interesting aspects of chemistry and thermodynamics! My mentor Rebekah is great, as well as my other "semi-mentors" Dan and Eric (note: not the Eric*h* from Overland Park Church of Christ). Security is as tight as I can remember... and I'm still never in a lab with windows! Hello cave, hows'it goin'?

My living accomodations are LIGHT YEARS better than last summer! James and Chris' house is wonderful, and I even have a good place to record. (the bathroom!) I have to compliment them, they have helped me to feel right at home! We are going to have a good summer!

In other news... Beth got married last Saturday, she's one of the Madrigal Singers. She asked a few of us singers to sing and me to play some guitar - and Katelyn on short notice played piano for Karen's solo vocal piece. I gave Beth a recording of us doing our ensemble music, plus my guitar stuff, as part of her wedding gift. She loved it, which besides making me feel good also reinforces that people care more about the thought put into a gift than the money!

After the wedding we went to see the opera 'Carmen.' Whoa, that was an experience! Gentlemen, be careful what you watch, whether on the screen or live - that's all I'll say about that. The music was WONDERFUL, though.

Another neat little tidbit - I was asked to come do a follow-up interview for the TV station in Rolla next semester! They want me to come and talk about being a musician while working through an engineering degree. How cool is that?!?!

What words of wisdom can I leave with you after reading this blog post? I don't know. I think a quote from Proverbs is appropriate... Where words are many sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise! Take care everybody, I'll see you this weekend!