Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Recording tidbits...

I had a very nice talk with John Francis of KUMR today about recording tips and strategies. We listened to some flat recordings along with the Collegium CD we produced a few weeks ago. He really liked what I did with the trombones, recorders, and guitar - hardly any suggestions. He did have some very good things to say about how I could improve my singers mix. For instance, creating a totally isolated reverb track is a good way to control reverb. Never thought of that! I'm not entirely sure about how that will work with Pro-Tools, but I think I know how it can work.

We also talked a bit about copyright laws and recording commercial discs. I want to begin doing that sort of thing but I still have some barriers to overcome... Lookout world, I'm on the way!